Are you aware that new mattresses emit “off-gassing”?
This term refers to the chemical-based smell that emanates from a new mattress
An example is walking around the cleaning product aisle at a store.
Bleaching agents and other substances that go into creating household cleaners smell really bad. This is usually called “off-gassing” (or in-gassing). The wrong mattress can cause some pretty unpleasant effects every time you get in bed.
- The main reason memory foam mattresses became so popular is, in part, because they conform to your body and reduce pressure on your spine when you sleep. As a result, sleeping on memory foam mattresses has proven the best rest possible!
- Mattresses with memory foam do an amazing job of relieving pressure points. This fact is why these types of mattresses are designed to make the spine, neck, and hips more equally distributed as sleepers move around in their sleep.
- Long-term use has been shown to reduce back pain.
- It can also ease the burden of breathing problems.
- Memory foam mattresses are made from materials that promote good health. They are hypoallergenic and dust mite-resistant. This makes them ideal for people with respiratory problems or those who are allergic to dust.
- While it’s quiet, it’s perfect for people who sleep next to a restless partner because you won’t wake to the loud creaks and squeaks that some mattress’s produce.
- A memory foam mattress comes at a higher price than a conventional mattress, but you never need to turn or flip them and they’ll maintain their shape and comfort when you flip them. Most memory foam mattresses also offer a warranty between 10 and 25 years.
- Memory foam mattresses are pretty heavy, but this shouldn’t pose any problem as you don’t need to turn them.
- The dense foam on mattresses used to retain a lot of heat; however, people don’t experience nearly as much heat as before. An open cooling cell and gel technology prevent this.
- Some people complained about an odor from the mattresses. This problem occurred when the mattresses hadn’t been aired properly.
- Some people say memory foam mattresses are expensive, but, in many cases, the price of the mattress has more to do with it being better and lasting a longer period. A memory foam mattress may be more expensive than a regular mattress, but it is much better for your body and can last much longer.
- Some people complain that they don’t feel the support they need from their memory foam mattresses. They may be having problems with that or the other materials used to create the mattress. It is better if you know that what you are buying has all the qualities that are to be expected (such as the rebound rate, density, certifications, the presence of foam materials like latex and polyurethane, and so on).
Mattress Buzz is reader supported. When you buy a product through our links we may earn an affiliate commission.