Helix has emerged as a notable brand in the mattress industry, known for its diverse range of mattresses catering to various sleeping preferences and needs. One of the unique aspects of Helix is its focus on providing a personalized sleep experience. This is evident in their wide selection, including popular models like the Helix Plus and Helix Midnight Luxe mattresses.
These mattresses suit different body types and sleeping styles, ensuring everyone finds the perfect match for a good night’s sleep.
Helix Plus vs Helix Midnight Luxe: Which One?
Helix’s approach to mattress design considers these varied requirements. Their mattresses range from soft to firm, catering to all sleeping positions, whether you are a side, back, or stomach sleeper. The Helix Plus, for example, is known for its durability and support, particularly suited for heavier body types. On the other hand, the Helix Midnight Luxe focuses on providing a luxurious sleeping experience with its advanced cooling features and responsive feel, making it ideal for those who value comfort and a plush mattress feel.
This article will compare the Helix Plus and Helix Midnight Luxe mattresses.
Our comparison will focus on key aspects such as mattress construction, firmness levels, sleep comfort, pricing, sizes, and the specific features that set each mattress apart.
We aim to provide a comprehensive guide to help you understand which mattress could be the right choice for you based on your individual sleeping needs and preferences. From materials used to customer reviews, we will explore every angle to give you a clear picture of what each mattress has to offer.
Overview of Helix Plus and Helix Midnight Luxe Mattresses
As a brand, Helix stands out in the mattress industry for its personalized approach to sleep comfort. Two of its standout models are the Helix Plus and the Helix Midnight Luxe, each designed with specific features to cater to different sleeping needs.
Helix Plus: Design and Target Audience
The Helix Plus mattress is specifically crafted for those who need extra support, particularly heavier individuals. It is known for its durability and robust construction. The mattress is 12 inches tall and comprises four layers that balance comfort and support.
The top layer is a soft touch design that feels plush and welcoming. Below that, there’s a layer of memory foam, which contours to the body, providing pressure relief – a significant benefit for those with body aches or pains. The core of the Helix Plus is its high-density foam layer, adding to the mattress’s sturdiness and durability. Finally, at the bottom, the DuraDense Foam gives the mattress its structure and longevity.
The Helix Plus is ideal for back and stomach sleepers who need extra support. It’s also suitable for hot sleepers, as its materials are designed to promote airflow and breathability.
Helix Midnight Luxe: Unique Features
In contrast, the Helix Midnight Luxe caters to those seeking a luxurious sleep experience. This mattress is a notch above the standard Helix Midnight, offering enhanced features such as a quilted pillow top for added comfort and a premium look.
The Helix Midnight Luxe is 14 inches tall, focusing on comfort and cooling. Its medium feel makes it versatile for various sleeping positions, but it is especially good for side sleepers. The mattress’s top layer is designed to offer a soft, breathable sleep surface, while the memory foam beneath provides pressure relief and contouring.
One of the most significant features of the Helix Midnight Luxe is its advanced cooling technology, which is a blessing for hot sleepers. The breathable cover and strategically placed cooling gel in the mattress help maintain a comfortable sleeping temperature all night long.
Comparative Analysis: Helix Plus vs. Helix Midnight Luxe
When comparing the Helix Plus vs Helix Midnight Luxe, it’s crucial to look at their construction and materials, as these aspects largely determine their suitability for different sleepers.
Construction and Material Differences
Helix Plus is built with a focus on support and durability. It uses high-density foams and a thicker coil system, providing the extra support heavier individuals need. The foams are high-grade, ensuring they don’t sag quickly over time. This construction makes the mattress more firm, which benefits those requiring a solid sleeping surface.
On the other hand, the Helix Midnight Luxe has a more layered and nuanced construction. It features zoned lumbar support coils that offer more support in the middle of the mattress, where the body’s heaviest part typically rests. This feature is particularly advantageous for spinal alignment and back pain relief. The memory foam layer in the Helix Midnight Luxe is infused with gel, which helps in heat dispersion, keeping the mattress cool throughout the night.
Comparison of Layers
The Helix Plus has a simpler layer structure but effectively provides firm support. Its top soft layer gives immediate comfort, followed by a responsive memory foam layer that contours to the body. The core support layer is thicker and denser, giving the mattress its firmness and durability.
In contrast, the Helix Midnight Luxe has more layers, each serving a specific purpose. The top quilted layer adds a luxury feel, followed by a gel-infused memory foam layer for cooling and pressure relief. The transition layer provides additional cushioning, and the zoned coils offer targeted support and improved airflow.
Both mattresses use high-quality materials but with different focuses. The Helix Plus opts for denser foams and thicker coils for longevity and support.
At the same time, the Helix Midnight Luxe incorporates advanced cooling technologies and softer, more plush materials for a luxurious sleep experience.
In summary, the Helix Plus is ideal for those needing a firm and supportive mattress, particularly suitable for heavier individuals and back/stomach sleepers. The Helix Midnight Luxe, on the other hand, is perfect for those looking for a softer, more luxurious feel with enhanced cooling features, making it a great choice for side sleepers and hot sleepers.
Sleep Trial and Warranty
Sleep Trial Periods
- Trial Period: The Helix Plus offers a 100-night sleep trial. This means you can try out the mattress at home for over three months to see if it suits your needs.
- Return Policy: If you’re not satisfied within this period, you can return the mattress for a full refund.
Helix Midnight Luxe
- Trial Period: Similarly, the Helix Midnight Luxe also comes with a 100-night sleep trial.
- Return Policy: You have the option to return the mattress within this timeframe if it doesn’t meet your expectations.
- Duration: The warranty for the Helix Plus is 15 years.
- Coverage: It covers defects in materials and workmanship, including issues like sagging (provided it meets certain depth requirements), foam cracking, and problems with the mattress cover.
Helix Midnight Luxe
- Duration: The Helix Midnight Luxe also comes with a 15-year warranty.
- Coverage: The warranty terms are similar to the Helix Plus, covering material and workmanship defects.
Suitability for Different Body Types and Sleeping Styles
- Body Types: Best suited for heavier individuals due to its firm support and durable construction.
- Sleeping Styles: Ideal for back and stomach sleepers who need extra support.
Helix Midnight Luxe
- Body Types: Suitable for a wide range of body types, especially those looking for a medium-firm feel.
- Sleeping Styles: Perfect for side sleepers and those who prefer a softer, more cushioned sleeping surface.
Importance of Personal Preference
Choosing the right mattress is not just about the physical aspects; personal preference plays a crucial role. Comfort is subjective, and what works for one person may not work for another. It’s important to consider individual likes and dislikes regarding mattress feel, firmness, and features like cooling technology or responsiveness.
Customer Reviews and Feedback
- Positive Reviews: Customers often praise the Helix Plus for its firm support and durability. It is particularly lauded by heavier sleepers who find it comfortable and supportive.
- Negative Feedback: Some users find the mattress too firm, particularly those who are lighter in weight or prefer a softer sleeping surface.
Helix Midnight Luxe
- Positive Reviews: The Helix Midnight Luxe is frequently complimented for its luxurious feel and cooling properties. Side sleepers and hot sleepers often report improved sleep quality.
- Negative Feedback: Some users mention that the mattress is more expensive than other options, and a few find the medium firmness either too soft or too firm, depending on their personal preference.
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
- Helix Plus: Ideal for those who need firm support, particularly heavier individuals and back/stomach sleepers. It offers durability and robust construction.
- Helix Midnight Luxe: Best for those seeking a luxurious feel, advanced cooling, and a medium-firm mattress. It’s excellent for side sleepers and hot sleepers.
Remember Personal Sleep Needs
When choosing between the Helix Plus and Helix Midnight Luxe, it’s essential to consider your personal sleep needs and preferences. Each mattress offers unique benefits, and the right choice depends on individual requirements like body type, preferred sleeping position, and desired comfort level.
Mattress Buzz is reader supported. When you buy a product through our links we may earn an affiliate commission.