Two names often stand out in online mattress shopping: Endy and Puffy.
Both brands have carved a niche, offering unique features and benefits catering to a wide range of sleepers. With the myriad of choices available, understanding the nuances of each brand becomes crucial. After all, a mattress is not just about sleep; it’s about ensuring restful nights that lead to productive days. This article delves deep into both brands, offering insights to help you make an informed decision.
Endy Mattress Overview
Comfort and Firmness Rating
Endy is renowned for its medium-firm feel, striking a balance that caters to a broad spectrum of sleepers. With a firmness rating that often hovers around 6.5 on a scale of 1 to 10, it provides a blend of support and comfort. This ensures that Endy has got you covered whether you’re a side sleeper needing contouring or a back sleeper requiring support.
Who Should Buy Endy?
Endy is a versatile choice suitable for:
- Side Sleepers: The foam layers offer excellent pressure relief for the hips and shoulders.
- Back Sleepers: The medium-firm feel ensures adequate lumbar support.
- Couples: With decent motion isolation, disturbances are minimized when partners move.
- Hot Sleepers: The open-air cell foam provides better airflow, ensuring a cooler sleep.
Key Features and Benefits
- Open-Air Cell Foam: This unique foam adapts to your body shape, relieves pressure and reduces heat retention.
- Eco-Friendly Materials: Endy mattresses are made without harmful chemicals, ensuring safety for users and the environment.
- 100-Night Trial: This allows users to test the mattress and ensure it’s the right fit for them.
- Canadian Made: Proudly designed and manufactured in Canada, ensuring high-quality standards.
Puffy Mattress Overview
Comfort and Firmness Rating
Puffy offers a slightly plush feel, leaning towards a medium on the firmness scale, typically rated around 5.5 to 6. This makes it a haven for those who love a bit of sinkage and contouring without feeling stuck. Please read our complete Puffy Mattress Review Here
Who Should Buy Puffy?
Puffy is ideal for:
- Side Sleepers: The plush feel offers deep hip and shoulders contouring.
- Combination Sleepers: The responsive foam layers make it easy to switch positions.
- Those Seeking Pressure Relief: The memory foam layers cradle pressure points, reducing aches and pains.
- Value Seekers: Puffy offers premium features at a competitive price point.
Key Features and Benefits
- Cooling Cloud Foam: Infused with gel, this foam ensures you sleep cool by drawing heat away from the body.
- Stain-Resistant Cover: A unique feature, the cover can be easily wiped clean, ensuring your mattress looks fresh for years.
- Climate-Adaptive Materials: Puffy’s materials resist temperature fluctuations, ensuring consistent comfort.
- Lifetime Warranty: A testament to its quality, Puffy offers a lifetime warranty, showcasing its confidence in the product’s durability.
Endy vs Puffy: Similarities and Differences
Main Similarities Between the Two Mattresses:
- Memory Foam Layers: Both Endy and Puffy use memory foam in their construction, known for its contouring properties and pressure-relieving benefits.
- Bed-in-a-Box: Both brands operate primarily online and ship their mattresses compressed in a box, making the unboxing process a unique experience.
- Trial Period: Both offer a risk-free trial period, allowing customers to test the mattress in their homes. Endy offers a 100-night trial, while Puffy provides a 101-night trial.
- Eco-Friendly Materials: Both mattresses are made without harmful chemicals, ensuring they are safe for users and the environment.
Key Differences That Set Them Apart:
- Firmness Level: While Endy offers a medium-firm feel, Puffy leans towards a medium, making it slightly plusher.
- Cooling Technologies: Puffy incorporates Cooling Cloud Foam infused with gel to draw heat away, whereas Endy uses open-air cell foam for better airflow.
- Origin: Endy is proudly Canadian-made, while Puffy is manufactured in the USA.
- Warranty: Puffy stands out with its lifetime warranty, whereas Endy offers a 10-year warranty.
Detailed Feel Comparison
The feel of a mattress is subjective and can vary based on individual preferences, body type, and sleeping position.
- For Lightweight Sleepers: They might find Endy to be firmer, especially if they are side sleepers. However, it offers good support for stomach and back sleepers.
- For Average Weight Sleepers: The mattress provides a balanced feel, offering a mix of support and contouring.
- For Heavier Sleepers: They might appreciate its support, but some might desire a thicker mattress for more depth.
- For Lightweight Sleepers: Puffy offers deep contouring, making it ideal for side sleepers. It might feel too soft for stomach sleepers.
- For Average Weight Sleepers: The mattress provides a plush feel without feeling stuck, suitable for most sleeping positions.
- For Heavier Sleepers: They might find Puffy lacking support, especially in the midsection.
Regarding pricing, both brands offer competitive rates, but there are differences based on size and occasional promotions.
- Twin: $675
- Full: $775
- Queen: $850
- King: $950
- Twin: $795
- Full: $899
- Queen: $1,150
- King: $1,350
(Note: Prices are approximate and can vary based on promotions and brand updates.)
Material and Construction
Endy’s design is a testament to simplicity and efficiency. Comprising three layers, it ensures a balanced sleep experience:
- Top Layer: This is a 2-inch open-air cell foam. Unlike traditional memory foam, it doesn’t trap heat, ensuring a cooler sleep. It’s also responsible for the mattress’s contouring properties.
- Transition Layer: Beneath the top layer is a 3-inch layer of transition foam. This layer provides a buffer between the soft top layer and the firm base, ensuring sleepers don’t sink in too much.
- Base Layer: The foundation of the mattress is a 5-inch high-density polyfoam. It provides the mattress with its shape, durability, and support.
Puffy, on the other hand, boasts a three-layer construction aimed at maximizing comfort:
- Top Layer: A 2-inch Cooling Cloud Foam infused with gel. This layer draws heat away from the body, ensuring a cooler sleep.
- Middle Layer: This is a 2-inch Climate-Adaptive Regulation foam. It’s resistant to temperature fluctuations, ensuring the mattress feels consistent regardless of the weather.
- Base Layer: A 6-inch Firm Core Support foam. This layer supports the mattress, ensuring it maintains its shape and adequately supports sleepers.
Certifications and Quality:
Both mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they’re made without harmful chemicals and have low VOC emissions. This ensures they’re safe for users and the environment.
Best Qualities of Each Mattress
Endy: Known for its balanced feel, excellent temperature regulation through open-air cell foam, and eco-friendly materials.
Puffy: Celebrated for its plush feel, advanced cooling through the gel-infused foam, and its stain-resistant cover, making maintenance a breeze.
Company Policies and Customer Service
Both companies offer excellent customer service. Endy provides a 100-night trial, a 10-year warranty, and free shipping within Canada. Puffy offers a 101-night trial, a lifetime warranty, and free shipping within the USA.
Choosing between Endy and Puffy boils down to individual preferences. Endy might be your pick if you’re seeking a balanced feel with a slight firmness and value temperature regulation. However, Puffy could be the way to go if you lean towards a plush feel with advanced cooling and value-added features like a stain-resistant cover. Both mattresses are top-tier in their categories, ensuring restful sleep and durability. Your choice will ultimately depend on your specific needs and budget.
Mattress Buzz is reader supported. When you buy a product through our links we may earn an affiliate commission.