Mattresses are the silent heroes of a good night’s sleep, and with so many options in the market, it can be hard to choose the perfect one. Today, we’ll put two popular choices head-to-head: Awara vs Saatva.
So, why should you care about this mattress showdown?
Sleep quality is essential for our overall health and well-being; the right mattress can make all the difference. Are you ready to discover which mattress could be your ticket to dreamland?
The Pros of Awara Mattress
The Awara mattress has gained a loyal following and for good reason. Here are some of the standout features that set it apart:
- Eco-Friendly Materials: Awara boasts a latex hybrid construction, utilizing natural Dunlop latex and organic cotton, making it an eco-conscious choice for the environmentally aware.
- Comfort and Support: The combination of natural latex and individually wrapped coils provide a responsive, supportive surface that caters to all sleep positions.
- Breathability: Awara’s latex layer allows for excellent airflow, keeping you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- Longevity: Latex is known for its durability, and Awara’s mattress is no exception. Proper care can last up to 15 years, providing a great return on investment.
My cousin recently switched to an Awara mattress, and she can’t stop raving about how well-rested she feels each morning. She particularly appreciates the cooling properties, as she struggled with night sweats on her old memory foam mattress.
The Pros of Saatva Mattress
Saatva also brings its own set of benefits to the table, making it a strong contender in this mattress matchup:
- Customization: Saatva offers three firmness levels (plush soft, luxury firm, and firm), ensuring a suitable option for every sleeper.
- Coil-on-Coil Construction: Saatva’s unique design combines a layer of individually wrapped coils with a layer of steel coils, providing excellent support and contouring.
- Lumbar Support: The Saatva mattress features a specially designed lumbar zone for enhanced back support, making it an ideal choice for those with back issues.
- White Glove Delivery: Saatva offers free white glove delivery and mattress removal, making the setup process a breeze.
A friend recently invested in a Saatva mattress after years of back pain. He says the lumbar support has been a game-changer, and he now wakes up pain-free daily.
The Cons of Awara Mattress
Despite its many advantages, the Awara mattress has a few drawbacks:
- Limited Firmness Options: Awara only offers one firmness level, which may not suit all preferences.
- Heavy and Difficult to Move: Due to its latex and coil construction, the Awara mattress is quite heavy, making it difficult to maneuver during setup or when changing sheets.
The Cons of Saatva Mattress
Saatva isn’t without its flaws either:
- Potential for Motion Transfer: The coil-on-coil construction may cause more motion transfer than a memory foam or latex mattress, which could be an issue for light sleepers sharing the bed.
- Higher Price Point: Saatva’s luxury features come cheaply, making it a pricier option than other mattresses.
Mattress Construction: Awara vs Saatva
Both the Awara and Saatva mattresses boast high-quality construction, but their designs have distinct differences. Awara features a hybrid latex construction, with a layer of natural Dunlop latex on top of individually wrapped coils. This combination offers a comfortable, supportive, and durable sleep surface. On the other hand, Saatva utilizes a coil-on-coil construction, pairing a layer of individually wrapped coils with a layer of steel coils. This design provides excellent contouring and support, enhanced by a specially designed lumbar zone for improved back support.
Warranty and Shipping: Awara vs Saatva
Regarding warranty and shipping, both Awara and Saatva have impressive offerings. Awara provides a generous “Forever Warranty” that covers defects in materials and workmanship for the entire mattress lifetime. Shipping is free within the contiguous United States, but no white glove delivery service exists. Saatva offers a 15-year warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship. They also provide free white glove delivery and mattress removal, making purchasing convenient.
Mattress Price Comparison
To help you better understand the cost differences between Awara and Saatva, here’s a comparison table showcasing their prices in various sizes:
|Mattress Size||Awara Price||Saatva Price|
As you can see, Saatva is slightly more expensive than Awara across various sizes, reflecting the luxury features and white glove delivery service that Saatva offers.
Conclusion: And the Winner is… Saatva
In conclusion, the Awara and Saatva mattresses offer unique benefits and high-quality construction. Awara stands out for its eco-friendly materials, durability, and breathability, while Saatva excels in customization, support, and luxurious features.
However, considering the coil-on-coil construction, enhanced lumbar support, and the convenience of white glove delivery, Saatva is the winner in this matchup.
While Saatva may come at a slightly higher price point, the additional cost is justified by the improved support and comfort it provides and the convenience of the white glove delivery service. Ultimately, if you’re willing to invest a little more for a luxurious and comfortable sleep experience, the Saatva mattress is the way to go.
Mattress Buzz is reader supported. When you buy a product through our links we may earn an affiliate commission.